Everybody loves a parade – and there’s lots to love about the annual South Milwaukee Heritage Days Parade
Here are some details for the 2018 event
- What: South Milwaukee Heritage Days Parade
- When: 11 am on Saturday, July 28th, 2018
- Where: The parade route starts at 8th and Milwaukee Avenues, heads west on Milwaukee to 16th Avenue, then turns north before ending at South Milwaukee Lionsfest
- Who: More than 100 units take to the streets for the parade. Marching bands, local political leaders, clowns, Scouts, veterans groups, local businesses – and everyone in between.
- Why: Because parades are fun … and bring communities together!
Donate to the Parade
$30,000. That’s what it costs to put on the parade each year. And we need your help to keep this South Milwaukee tradition alive for future generations. Please consider donating today to the Heritage Days Parade, which is a 501(c)3 status organization.
Any contribution is appreciated. Not sure how much to give?
Consider this: A single marching band may cost $2,000 to bring to the parade.
Donations can be sent to:
South Milwaukee Heritage Parade Foundation
c/o South Milwaukee City Hall
2424 15th Avenue
South Milwaukee, WI 53172
Or Via Paypal…
Be Social With Us
The South Milwaukee Heritage Days Parade Foundation includes a dedicated group of volunteers that works year round to bring the parade to life. Current parade committee members are:
Julie Casey | Mike Casey | Dan Caveney | Shanda Caveney | Jodi Caveney | Cory Anne Gagnon | Karen Grundman | Fred Mitchell | Joan Moran | Pat Moran | Greg Simatic | Patti Page Malek | Peggy Wravonsky | Tim Malone | Jodi Armstrong | Lynn Wilding | Missy Netzel | Heath Klopp | Jim Leavens | Al Bassett (SM Lion’s Club Liaison)
We appreciate any help that we can get, and are always accepting new volunteers to join our efforts. Please contact us with your individual or group information and we will get back to you with our available opportunities.
For more information on the parade, please contact Parade Committee Chairperson Julie Casey at 414-762-2222 ext 339, leave a voice mail, we will return your call promptly, or via email: SMHeritageparade@gmail.com
South Milwaukee Human Concerns will also be collecting non perishable food items along the parade route, please help them out by bring non perishable item.